Wednesday, September 13, 2006

No updates till Monday

I'm going to the Aran Islands tomorrow morning, so no updates till Monday. I should have a lot of pictures and stuff then though, so I'll probably do a whole slideshow of it. I won't have cell phone reception till Saturday afternoon probably, so if anyone needs to talk to me, try to do it today, or you'll have to wait a bit. Mainly I got ready for my trip last night, so no big updates. Apparently this is graduation time here though, so there are a lot of students in robes wandering around campus which is somewhat amusing. Also apparently one of the students in the economics class drowned a couple weeks ago, along with another man, while attempting to rescue two other people, who were eventually rescued, it was in the paper on the day he should have graduated. Apparently there was some sort of flooding, and this beach that was normally safe for swimming at got too turbulent. So that is really sad. The other students in his class all wore a white rose in his memory.
That's about all that I have to update on. Except I finally got my student travel card, and know where the student travel office is now, although I don't know if they have any good deals, I'll probably check back after I know my schedule. I've worked out that I only really need to take about four classes while I'm here, but I'm also thinking about joining some clubs, and choir. http://www.ucc.ie/en/CurrentStudents/
ClubsSocietiesandSports/
I want to join the Trampoline club and some other things, there are more, but not all of them are online yet. They also have a club day for all the freshman, and international students, shortly after school starts, so I'll figure that out then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Syd, I'm glad to see that you're doing well, although I do not like the slander you have been doing against my feet. Alex and Dad both have bigger feet than I do, and I would appreciate it if you would remember that. One of the programs I am in at OU (Leadership Scholars) has this thing where they set the students up with an alumni member in their field of study, and I just found out that mine is an MD specializing in obstetrics and gynecology AND she lives in Nichols Hills! That's like the person that I want to be! I haven't contacted her quite yet, but I'm hoping that she doesn't hate me. Also, I'm coaching a 3 & 4 year old soccer team with some of my pals, and that's way more chaotic than I thought it would be. I did not realize that they have the attention span of a jumpy fly, and so basically, we got nothing done at our first practice, and we have a game after our next one, which kinda makes me nervous. I also don't want the parents to hate me. They are all so cute though. Especially this little one named Gavin! He's the littlest one on the team (might actually be 2) and at the parent meeting the Saturday before our practice on Tuesday, he pretended to be choking and made his mother ask me if I was going to be getting a whistle, and when I had one on Tuesday at practice, made her tell me that it wasn't loud enough and that I needed to get another one. There's also a little red headed boy that is adorable, but he actually just sat with his mom instead of practicing with us. Dad said that you wanted to know what jerseys Daniel and I want, and I think that I would like a Barcelona jersey (Ronaldihno if it's not $1000) or a Liverpool jersey of Crouch who is my favorite player so I might prefer this one if you can get one, but I'm not sure if they have them everywhere or whatever (read about this guy on Wikipedia and you'll see why I like him so much.) Daniel wants a Chelsea jersey of Terry if you can get one, or a Barcelona shirt of Ronaldihno. Again, I have no idea about how much these cost, but we really appreciate it, and you might talk to mom about getting a reimbursement because she mentioned something about it, although I do have some money. And if it's not insanely expensive, an Irish jersey would be pretty sweet, too. But, I have to go get my TB shot read now, so I'll talk to you later. Keep it real and love always of course,
Your devoted sister Amanda

Sydney said...

Aside to Amanda:
Just watch out if there are any siblings, I remember in reffing there were these twins who would keep trying to beat each other up during the game, red carding 4 year olds for fighting with there own team is not fun for refs. And pretty much all the parents are going to think their kid is the next Ronaldihno or whatever, so basically the only thing you have to worry about is them thinking their kid doesn't get enough play time. (Alternatively they just want the kids to be worn out at the end of the day, either way just make them run around a lot and you're good). I'm going to Barcelona, so I'll look into a jersey for you there, and I can get you a cheaper jersey here, if I get a good one there. Why are you getting a TB shot?