Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's raining...again

And I had to get up and take a 3 hour test this morning (essay not multiple choice, so my hand kind of hurts) And then I had class for 2 hours, and I've gone through an outfit already, and once I go home I'm going to have to change again. Today has not been one of my happier Ireland days, although it is somewhat comforting to think that this would have been a sucky day anywhere, so it's not just culture shock. Also the room we took the test in was cool. There were chandeliers, seriously. While that did not make the actual test more enjoyable, it did make me feel slightly better about having to be up that early, and all the studying I've had to do this week. Also there were bookcases all over, I'll try to get a picture later and post it. Tomorrow I'm going to get to sleep in since my class isn't till 3 so that will be good. And I'll try to bring my laptop to school and do a longer post since it won't be timed internet. I was going to take it today, but I'm not sure how water proof the backpack I use for hauling it around is, and I've run out of umbrellas. Which is something I need to buy next time I go to Tesco. Anyways, I'm going to go home and eat and change into dry clothes (and maybe do some laundry, or at least throw everything in the dryer). Apparently this weekend is October fest in Ireland, as well as the pre-halloween parties and stuff so that ought to be fun. Maybe there will be people here on the weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Syd, I like what you said.Except what is Marie Antoinette? Did they cut her head off in the movie? Did they show that even?
Love,
always,
your little cousin,
Delaney

Anonymous said...

Hey Syd,
We are on our way to Oklahoma City, as Delaney is having her award ceremony for the scholarship that she won. We are going down for a couple days and then coming back on Saturday, as we have a few things to do this weekend.

So when are you going to go to Edinburgh? I'd hate to see you miss going there, as it is probably one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen - quite incredible, although the food leaves a bit to be desired. As long as you eat Italian, Indian or anything other than the haggis - I had to try it once but it was worse than blood pudding - you will be okay.

And don't blame me for the plane germs... I told you to take echincea and zinc for 2 weeks after Barcelona - did you? :)
I was so sick after I got home, I had to cancel my trip to Wash. DC. I was completely miserable and sick.

Well, Delaney is wanting the computer to go to groovygirls.com or something. She is making her Christmas list and thanks to you she is totally into Puffy Ami Yumi - even wants this costume of Yumi - check it out on EBay. Quite distasteful if you ask me.... oh and watch your language, as young eyes are reading this...

She is getting ready to do a project on Japan, which we started earlier tonight. She had to pick a country in Asia, ergo, Japan. Focusing on Japanese Food and Pop Culture. I can do the food thing, but am at a loss on the Pop Culture of Japan?!?!? Any help here would be much appreciated, as I have searched on Anime and don't have a clue what is popular in Japan still. Please help!

We love you!
Love,
Aunt E

Anonymous said...

Dear Syd do NOT... I repeat do NOT blame my mom about the plane germs.
Love,
your very little cousin,
Delaney