Friday, November 03, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Apparently since they lack Thanksgiving around here they go straight from Halloween to Christmas. The restraunt on my street was putting up wreaths all over the front this morning, I'll try to get some pictures when it's done. I'm slightly worried that I may crack under the extra month of Christmas cheer. I'm already starting to long for all the Christmas movies I normally watch and break out the Christmas music. But I think I will content myself with making gingerbread and fudge sometime this weekend. At least I don't have to make the tough desicion of whether or not to go to the after Thanksgiving sales, and the inevitable sadness when I think of the poor massacre of turkeys. Although I would like a can of jellied cranberry sauce (they only have the kind in jars that's whole berry, which apparently what cranberry sauce is supposed to be, but I like my sauce that retains the shape of the can, what can i say). Maybe I'll get some of the other American students that are vegetarian together for a vegetarian Thanksgiving (there were 8 vegetarians in my Early start class alone, so it would work). Ah well, it at least feels like autumn now, I've started bringing a coat along in addition to wearing sweaters, it's only in the 50's and apparently that's where it's going to stay, but it gets a bit windy and it's always a bit damp since we're on a river. Apparently they do radiators here instead of central heating (I knew that about the house I was staying at, but I didn't know it was everybody)which makes the heat a bit either overpowering close to, or nonexistent if you get to far away. It's a tough desicion. Usually it's best to just bring an extra sweater to class and get out from it a bit.

No comments: